Buying a new MMA cage is a significant investment, whether you're a gym owner, event organizer, or an enthusiast looking to set up a home training space. To ensure you make the right choice, it's essential to consider various factors. This buyer's guide will help you navigate the process of purchasing a new MMA cage:
- Budget: Determine your budget upfront. MMA cages come in various sizes and materials, leading to a wide range of prices. Understanding how much you're willing to spend will help narrow down your options. Just keep in mind that the price doesn't reflect quality. $5,000 off a new Mercedez is a great deal but a $5,000 saving on a cheap unknown MMA Cage is schetchy. Just be mindful of where and how you spend your money as we hear many cringing stories.
- Size and Dimensions: MMA cages vary in size. Standard octagon-shaped cages typically range from 18 to 32 feet in diameter. Choose a size that fits your space and accommodates the needs of your training or events. Ensure the cage complies with MMA regulations if you plan to host official competitions.
- Style: There are two major styles or types of MMA Cage. There are those for training and those for competing in. Our Fuji Training Series MMA Cages are perfect for any gym looking to purchase an MMA Cage at a relatively lower price as these boxing rings are floor-mounted and will save you the expense of extra steel, wood, foam floor, canvas etc. Our Fuji Competition MMA Cage on the other hand is elevated 3 feet off the ground just like a professional UFC Cage and offers a pro-level look and feel and adds an atmospheric ambiance to any pro event or gym.
- Materials and Construction: Look for a well-constructed and durable cage that can withstand intense training sessions or fights. Steel frames, quality padding, and strong fencing materials are essential. The cage should be designed to minimise the risk of injury. It's hard to see quality over the internet as details are not really highlighted or easily seen such as patchy hand weld v's precision robotic weld to which Fuji is proud to be one of the first companies to offer robotic welding for their Boxing Rings and MMA cages and other structural steel equipment making us a pioneer in this space.
- Safety: Safety is of utmost importance. Ensure that the cage meets safety standards and regulations set by relevant MMA organisations and local authorities. Features like padded corner posts, durable fence mesh, and secure entry and exit points are vital for safety. With more innovative designs and attention to safety such as fire safety doors that don't lock athletes in the cage to quick lock cage panels to safety carrying and transporting cells. We stay ahead of the pack by innovating and evolving our cages.
- Brand Reputation: Research different manufacturers and sellers. Opt for reputable companies known for producing high-quality MMA cages. Read customer reviews and ask for recommendations from other gym owners or event organisers. Fuji is proud to build the quality and standards that have made us the number-one choice for UFC Gyms in many countries around the world. If you want quality without the headaches, then consider a Fuji MMA Cage for your facility.
- Ease of Installation: Consider how easy it is to assemble and disassemble the cage. Some cages are modular and can be set up relatively quickly, while others may require professional installation.
- Accessories: Determine what accessories are included or can be added to your purchase. This might include corner stools, cage padding, and safety padding for the fencing, catwalks, camera perch, extra cage door, floor padding, etc.
- Customisation: If you have specific branding or design preferences, inquire whether the manufacturer or seller offers customisation options. This can include personalised colours, logos, or additional features tailored to your needs. We offer no-cost colour change and free logo printing. Just reach out to us with your design.
- Warranty: Check for warranties and guarantees on the cage. A warranty can provide peace of mind and protection in case of manufacturing defects. Buying from a reputable brand will minimise issues should they arise.
- Transport and Storage: Consider how the cage will be transported and stored when not in use. Some cages are designed for easy disassembly and transport, while others may require a more permanent setup. Lucky for any of our customers we've taken the liberty to build our MMA Cages into easy modular pieces for easy transport.
- Compliance with Regulations: Ensure that the MMA cage complies with the rules and regulations set by organisations like the UFC, Bellator, or your local MMA governing body. This is crucial if you plan to host official competitions or training sessions.
By considering these factors and conducting thorough research, you can make an informed decision when purchasing a new MMA cage that suits your needs and ensures the safety and satisfaction of fighters and trainees. If you are considering a MMA Cage purchase, talk to one of our friendly staff who can help guide you further as well as quote you a beautiful MMA Cage that is built to last.